Memebox Issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARGGHHHH....my grapefruit box is now in NJ.  It was in NH and now in NJ - I am in MA!! WHAAAA!!!!

I really loathe the post office at times.

I pissed off at memebox right now. Before I ordered the whole grains & milk bundle, I asked them if I also ordered the oriental medicine in the SAME order, that would all be expressed shipped at the same time.

yes. They confirmed that.

but they didn't do that. So, I emailed them and they stated, no, oriental went standard, you would have to pay extra for the express on that box. I wrote back to them, no, I have the email - I keep attaching it so they can see that I am not lying about it) and also at that time, your new shipping policy was not in place, so there was no way for me to upgrade one box to express shipping - it was all ONE shipping cost.

argh. I mean, seriously, to send all 3 boxes in one package would have been cheaper than sending 2 in one and then another one.

[quote name="biancardi" post="2240528" timestamp="

argh. I mean, seriously, to send all 3 boxes in one package would have been cheaper than sending 2 in one and then another one.

i feel you gal. I am not feeling good about this shipping mishap.

I got that extra #12 shipped to me without any notice. I could have just shut it and keep it for myself, but I emailed them out of honesty... they replied me only days after and they demanded for the photo of the package. I am not in town atm and would probably have to rummage over the garbage for that package...

I hope I am not obliged to do anything about that as shipping is exorbitant from central eu... moreover someone did mention it earlier, the EU law is with me.

I will go back home tmr and email them back politely.. *sigh*

So, I am happy with the oriental medicines shipping issue.  They are shipping my Aloe Vera box express - so, that is good :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had ordered both Colour and Scent bundles in the first lot and ended up receiving just two boxes each from each bundle - the blue colour box and the baby powder scent box are missing from my packages. There were no signs of tampering or opening on the package, which was sealed until I opened it.

Memebox says they had packed all three and declared the weight as 2220g on the label.

Along with these, I had ordered some of those Cocoon ball cleansers and a pore brush from their shop. The cleansers are there, but the pore brush is missing in my order and there are just a couple of sachets and a BB cream sample instead.

My post office has assured me they haven't had anything fall out. Anyway, the package was sealed at Memebox's end.

Things are at a deadlock, with me sending them photos of whatever I got, and with Memebox insisting it wasn't their fault. I have ordered more than 50 boxes so far and had no problems (Except for a damaged box 12). Memebox also knows I unbox everything on my blog - I haven't been able to review the colour and scent bundles yet because of the missing boxes. Not to mention the $24 I spent on the Pore Brush.

We keep exchanging emails along the lines of "I did NOT get the blue and baby powder boxes, please look into this", and "We had packed all three boxes, and the pore brush. Please inquire at your end". I don't know what to do.

P.S. The Colour bundle, the Scent bundle and the cocoon ball-pore brush order were all in three different packages.

Last edited by a moderator:
@BeautyJunction  Can your post office give you some type of written confirmation - an email - that you can send to Memebox and tell them "I did inquire on my end and the Post Office investigated.  There was no tampering, the boxes were sealed and these are how they arrived from Memebox.  Please either send me my missing items or refund me fully for the items that are missing."

something along those lines.  Be firm, don't accuse, just state the facts - simply and to the point - and request what you are expecting Memebox to do in order to compensate for this issue.

I had ordered both Colour and Scent bundles in the first lot and ended up receiving just two boxes each from each bundle - the blue colour box and the baby powder scent box are missing from my packages. There were no signs of tampering or opening on the package, which was sealed until I opened it.

Memebox says they had packed all three and declared the weight as 2220g on the label.

Along with these, I had ordered some of those Cocoon ball cleansers and a pore brush from their shop. The cleansers are there, but the pore brush is missing in my order and there are just a couple of sachets and a BB cream sample instead.

My post office has assured me they haven't had anything fall out. Anyway, the package was sealed at Memebox's end.

Things are at a deadlock, with me sending them photos of whatever I got, and with Memebox insisting it wasn't their fault. I have ordered more than 50 boxes so far and had no problems (Except for a damaged box 12). Memebox also knows I unbox everything on my blog - I haven't been able to review the colour and scent bundles yet because of the missing boxes. Not to mention the $24 I spent on the Pore Brush.

We keep exchanging emails along the lines of "I did NOT get the blue and baby powder boxes, please look into this", and "We had packed all three boxes, and the pore brush. Please inquire at your end". I don't know what to do.

P.S. The Colour bundle, the Scent bundle and the cocoon ball-pore brush order were all in three different packages.
ooh just read this what a arse, have they actually confirmed they had all 3 boxes in each box, i wonder if they are shifting the blame on to the postal services ,i would pop down and get the postal company for a written letter or document, to send to memebox, i just thought i hope memebox are not getting confused with the orders i remember you bought the 2 boxes and then we spoke online and worked out it was cheaper to buy the bundle hense why you cancelled order and bought the bundles, but then you did a shop order and only the balls were there and not the brush,are they not packing and ticking off properly,i think it would be good to be direct but keep emails short as they don't cope well with long ones, just be firm where you want this to go,and items sent out or refunded.any luck on the global 12 box being replaced after exploding everywhere. bet the flat smelt nice after being away,

@@Lorna ljblog and @@biancardi This is what Memebox has said, oldest email first:

hi Renu.

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for delay in replying.

We sent your memebox #12 on July 11th via DHL.
However the blue box is not in Warehouse, therefore we will give you store credit of full blue box price and brush, if you do not mind.
Please let us know.
Thank you and sorry for inconvenience.
I wrote back saying I was disappointed that the Blue box was gone and wanted the lipstick that changed colour, and asked if they could find it for me, and reminded them that the Baby Powder scent box was also missing. So I got this reply, where they have clearly changed track:

hi Renu.Thank you for contacting us and sorry for delay in replying.

We are sorry for missing one of the scent box.
However, as you can see the tracking paper, we apply the weight of the 3 scent boxes (2220g).
Also, the white big box is we can put 3 memeboxes.
Therefore, we sent your full of the bundle package like color box bundle and scent box bundle.

Could you kindly check the customs at your end for your situation of the bundle package and pore brush ?
When you get the answer from them, please let us know as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, please let us know.
Thank you 

cleardot.gif

My reply was that Customs would always affix their seal and sellotape and enclose a slip saying they had opened the box, which had not happened in any of these cases. Also, it did not explain why there was a BB cream vial and two sachets in the Pore Brush box instead of the pore brush (store order, Lorna). They replied:

hi Renu,

Thank you for your email.

As you can see the tracking paper, we apply the weight of the 3 scent boxes (2220g).

Also, the white big box is we can put 3 memeboxes.
Therefore, we sent your full of the bundle package like color box bundle and scent box bundle.

If you have any questions, please let us know.
Thank you

I replied to this ditty saying I only received two colour boxes and two scent boxes, and no pore brush in my store order and asked them to please advise me regarding the next step, as I was keen to review the Colour and Scent bundles on my blog asap. No reply yet. This conversation could go on forever.

The problem with a written statement from Customs is that Customs has not even touched my packages! They don't really go through every thing that arrives and passed it without notice, so I don't know how I am supposed to contact customs and have them say it was sealed anyway when they did not check my packages at all. The only person whom I know who has come in contact with these boxes is my postman, who gave them to me sealed, signed-for. I even took pictures with the seals intact (which I do now for every package ever since my box 12 exploded) and sent them those pictures.

@@lorna, I think my emails are defo too long for them to cope. I'm going to write a short one tomorrow with the issues in bullet points lol. And you're right, I did order just the orange and blue boxes at first. But no scent boxes at the time. I later cancelled that order and reordered both scent and colour bundles. Again, when I ordered the Cocoon balls and the Pore brush separately, they sent me all five packets of cocoon balls but no pore brush. I'm just so frustrated.

@@BeautyJunction

my suggestion is to tackle one issue at a time per email with memebox.  They were willing to do something about the colorbox blue and then they all got confused with the next two issues.  Break them apart into 3 separate emails.

Yes I agree after reading the emails confused send 3 seperate emails for each issue use bullet points so all clarified for all parties. Hopefully then they can read it understand a little clearer there are 3 seperate issues in need of sorting.

I also when reading the first 2 emails got the impression like as in many emails that don't actually end up with the answer to original question answered is that one person sent original email with a level of help and common sense reaching out to you . You have replied and a different person has picked up the email read it upside down and replied as is standard glossybox response and clueless and you have opened up the email expecting the products boxes to be sent or refunded to be greeted with OMGWTFBBQ. So yes 3 seperate emails bullet points and short sweet but firm and direct and what you want as the end result . Let us know the outcome. It's things like this that sneak up and end up damaging the company reputation . I also wish that when you email and say Suzy replies you reply until sorted with Suzy not just a nobody at hi memebox

Wow @@BeautyJunction that sucks.... hopefully they sort it out soon for you!

I saw that the old scent boxes were restocked and bought some only to have them refunded tonight due to a system glitch when Memebox put up the new boxes making the old ones still seem available. They offered me points in place of a code used which is good but I'm a bit sad that there will be no boxes :-(

Sent a consolidated email with bullet points, bold, underline and italics today detailing all three order numbers and the missing boxes and pore brush.

My mailman swears he gives everything to me sealed - which is true, I am the one who broke the sellotape. And customs always affixes their own seal if they have opened anything. Or add a duty invoice/receipt/slip. Nada here.

I really hope they do something about this. I badly want to order the new Scent bundle plus the restocked Whole Grain box and a few others, and don't want to buy anything until they sort this out for me. I don't know what I will do if the deadlock continues and Memebox does nothing.

Back