New Limited Edition Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm olive toned with pigmented lips and the cheek stain looks like a petal pink on my lips, and looks brighter pink on my cheeks (nice, natural flush).  I do not detect any peachy tones--true rose in the pot. The cheek stain is one of my favorite items! It feels nice on my face AND lips.  Also, the Sunday Riley sample did wonders for my flaky chin, I will definitely rebuy it once my sample is done.

I'm still loving this box soo much!!!

I'm wondering if 5 boxes -- 3 for ladies and 2 for guys is "a ton". Since that's all that was in the gifting guide, maybe they won't be releasing any more. In which case I gotta decide if I want to put out all the points/gc i've been saving to buy one or not....

If they come out with 2 more Limited Edition boxes this holiday season, what do you think they'd be? What do you wish they'd be?

Well they've done a home fete one (though that wasn't part of their holiday set) for parties at home, a homespun for cozy nights in, a vanity affair one for visual prettiness while prepping and preening, a conscious box for green people (though it seems more of a lifestyle box to me) so all that's left is a wild night out/new years eve type box with crazy colors and items to help you get ready for a night out (maybe more boobie tape!).  If they did that I would love to see a minimergency kit and some deborah lippmann polish (a girl can dream!).  

But I think the chocolate box seems a lot better.  I would use points for that.  I don't know if my ever expanding belly would let me put down cold hard cash for it, but points are do-able!

I'm wondering if 5 boxes -- 3 for ladies and 2 for guys is "a ton". Since that's all that was in the gifting guide, maybe they won't be releasing any more. In which case I gotta decide if I want to put out all the points/gc i've been saving to buy one or not....
So for some reason I have a feeling they MAY be releasing 2 more boxes, maybe one more each for men and women. Possibly closer to Christmas with a more celebratory feeling/new years eveish as suggested above. I included the screen shot that shows there are 12 limited edition boxes, but only 10 results, which leads me to that conclusion below.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px] BB Shop.png[/SIZE]

For those that got the vanity affair LE, is the Tata Harper very charming lip and cheek tint a true light pink or is there some peach in it too? Thanks!

Also, for those who may be thinking of getting the men's conscious commerce box, the Swell water bottle is the 17oz. They didn't list the size on the description so I emailed and asked. Just an FYI!
Anyone?

I think I've definitely talked myself out of the Vanity box. There are several items I want to try (By Terry Baume de Rose, bath oil, etc.) but I think ultimately I wouldn't use a lot of the items (the gold tray and colorful eyeshadow palette come to mind). I DO think I'm going to get the Homespun box though--cheap enough to justify treating myself with points, and I know I'd get use out of everything. Though I'm waiting on an item for my Santee to come back in stock before I order, ugh! Hurry up BB!

I ordered the Vanity Affair box on Thursday with points and the 20% off code in order to justify it and I am getting so impatient! Can't wait to dig in to everything!!

I'm olive toned with pigmented lips and the cheek stain looks like a petal pink on my lips, and looks brighter pink on my cheeks (nice, natural flush).  I do not detect any peachy tones--true rose in the pot. The cheek stain is one of my favorite items! It feels nice on my face AND lips.  Also, the Sunday Riley sample did wonders for my flaky chin, I will definitely rebuy it once my sample is done.

I'm still loving this box soo much!!!
@@H_D  I think this was intended to answer your question.  Hope this helps.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@Spazkatt, Nice catch!  I kinda hope it's a food box.  XD  

Side note, I caved and got the Vanity Affair box and LOVE IT!  I've been wearing the Jin Soon nail polish in Coquette on my left hand and Nostalgia on my right hand for a few days now and it has NOT CHIPPED!!!!  I don't own any high end nail polishes outside of 1 Chanel so I don't know if this is typical of very expensive polishes but this is a first for me.  I've never had a polish that didn't chip within 1-2 days.  Besides my 1 Chanel polish the most I've spent on a polish is around $8.  Anyone else have experience in other colors from Jin Soon.  Are they all this good?

@@H_D  I think this was intended to answer your question.  Hope this helps.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 oh thanks for alerting me about this response- I appreciate it! And yes, it truly does help. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope Birchbox puts that  item on their website soon. I've been eyeing for a few months now on Tata's website.

I got both my Vanity Affair and my Conscious Commerce boxes today. I love them! Only thing is in my Vanity Affair, I have 2 coquette nail polishes and no Good Genes treatment. Hopefully I can make an exchange for it. The jewelry tray is so much bigger than I thought it would be. For some reason I thought it would be like a deck of cards small. Even the box that the vessel is in is beautiful. In the Commerce one, the gym bag is huge. It's perfect for holding wet stuff and keeping everything else dry. I'm just impressed with the sheer size of it, it could hold a ton of stuff. The necklace hangs at a place I'm not used to, but I think I like it. I have my whole outfit planned around it tomorrow.

High five Birchbox! Now if only you would stop sending me shampoo every month in my box...

I got both my Vanity Affair and my Conscious Commerce boxes today. I love them! Only thing is in my Vanity Affair, I have 2 coquette nail polishes and no Good Genes treatment. Hopefully I can make an exchange for it. The jewelry tray is so much bigger than I thought it would be. For some reason I thought it would be like a deck of cards small. Even the box that the vessel is in is beautiful. In the Commerce one, the gym bag is huge. It's perfect for holding wet stuff and keeping everything else dry. I'm just impressed with the sheer size of it, it could hold a ton of stuff. The necklace hangs at a place I'm not used to, but I think I like it. I have my whole outfit planned around it tomorrow.

High five Birchbox! Now if only you would stop sending me shampoo every month in my box...
How fun to get them both on the same day!  If I was you I would email BB though and tell them about your sample missing in the Vanity Affair box.  They should send you a new one or at least credit you points.  

How fun to get them both on the same day!  If I was you I would email BB though and tell them about your sample missing in the Vanity Affair box.  They should send you a new one or at least credit you points.  
I emailed them earlier and they haven't gotten back to me. They said they were experincing a large volume of emails, then one second later I got an email that my email was moved up the line for being an ace. I'm so happy playing with all my new pretties that if and once that one comes, I can get giddy all over again.

They said they were experincing a large volume of emails
I'm pretty sure everyone says this whether it is true or not.  I called the USPS last week because my packages kept getting delivered to my neighbors.  Their "larger than average call volume" resulted in a hold time of exactly 0 seconds.  Like, as soon as I made it through the menu, I had a live person on the line.

And sometimes, it's caused by disorganization, plain and simple.  I canceled FabFitFun for financial reasons and then I kept getting e-mails making it look like I was still subscribed.  I e-mailed ONCE to ask what was going on, and I think I'm on my third assurance that I've been canceled.  It's like they keep replying every 3-5 days despite silence from me.  If they paid attention to what they were doing, they could help more people sooner.

Birchbox usually gets back to me within a few hours, despite the warning about high volumes of e-mails. Best of luck to you!

Back