NewBeauty Testtube March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone that bought their tube this month ... have they received their tube?
I bought my tube March 10th and I just received it today! I didnt even know it had shipped. I got the box with the brush, Tarte oil, polish and so forth. It isnt the tube I preferred but its growing on me. I added everything up and my tube (plus btg items) is worth $212.

Quote: Originally Posted by HelloMilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought my tube March 10th and I just received it today! I didnt even know it had shipped. I got the box with the brush, Tarte oil, polish and so forth. It isnt the tube I preferred but its growing on me. I added everything up and my tube (plus btg items) is worth $212.
Can you believe it?! the value this month is ridiculous! I got the other tube and it's worth about $197ish which is flippin' awesome!

Sadly, no blush for me either... But I LOVED the brush! My daughter loved the suki exfoliant, the gloss, the mascara... At 30% off, I am not complaining!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I think that the Tarte maracuja oil roll on, the mally lip gloss and the it cosmetics brush are all in the same tube, which is a really excellent selection of high-end products! At least there's Tarte in both tubes, that was the only thing keeping me from getting angry rather than just a lil miffed. I actually preferred everything in the other tube, it would have been perfect for me if they had put the tarte blush in place of the tarte oil. Would love to try that brush it looks amazing!

I do hear you, though. As I said before, I think it's a lil bit shady that they always send out the same tube (for the most part) and this month they just switch it up with no warning at all. I'm not sure what you mean by using Tarte as a bait and switch since the brand itself was in both tubes? Can you elaborate?
The IT brush would really be my only consolation prize though.  Well, depending on the Mally, I might like it.  But I already have a Tarte roll on I got in another sub and I've never used it.  Plus, I've gotten mini samples with Tarte orders and haven't used them either.  I find that they seem to start smelling rancid rather quickly, so that's a big turn off for the product in general.  So to me, it is a bait and switch because I wanted Tarte makeup, not skin care, and certainly not a face oil.  Too heavy for me.

Anyway, I guess I just won't order from them again.  Easy solution.  As for the brush, I would like to have another one, but I got it in my last Test Tube order, so I don't really need it.  Ironically, it is my favorite for applying Tarte blushes, lol--so yeah, they should totally be in the same tube!  I also want the YBF sample.  And, believe it or not, I really, really, really want a certain bonus pack--the one with Suki and the Phyto mist.  I'm probably the only one on MUT who still has not gotten a sample from Suki yet.  

At this point, I just wish my box would get here already.  It was supposed to come today, but they changed it to Friday.  Ugh!  If I don't get anything I want, I'd like to try and set up trades.  I'm just worried by the time it gets here, no one will be looking to trade anymore.  Sigh...

ETA: Before someone misunderstands me, the biggest reason I'm sooooo upset this month is because I wrote to them saying "if there's a chance I won't get the Tarte blush this month, then please cancel my order."  My order had not yet shipped, and was not due to ship for 1.5-2.5 weeks at the earliest.  But, it shipped the same day they wrote back to say "you may not get the blush."  It looks to me like they literally shipped my order rather than to offer me a refund and cancel.  So yeah, I am upset about other things in general, but this was the thing that really pissed me off at them.

Quote: Originally Posted by greendrinkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with everything u said and these tubes no matter which one you recieved was an awesome tube and worth almost 6 times the cost of what we paid. I understand that some people are upset because they was expecting a certain item and they just switched up variations without notice, i get it! Honestly though to say they used the Tarte blush as bait is just wrong since no matter what tube you recieved you got a tarte item and both are very highly sought after. I recieved the top pic with the It cosmetic brush and even though im not siked about the oil i cant complain about this tube its an awesome tube one of the best imo they have sent out. But i do know that for all who recieved the It brush its worth 48 dollars you could try selling it and then go and get the blush you want actually there is quite a few things in the tube you could sell/trade for the blush. Just a thought. Either way everyone is entitled to their opinions and this is just mine i know getting an awesome tube of such value like this would never make me wanna think bout canceling even though i didnt get the blush but hey i guess if u really are that upset with what u recieved then do whats best for you ladies........not me cant wait for May!!!!!!
Not necessarily.  Isn't the color Frisky discontinued?  I'm not sure what other color they're sending.  I tried to bid on it on ebay today, in case I don't get it, but lost out in the last 30 seconds.

I know it isn't the end of the world, but it is bad business ethics.  They MUST know that people sub and unsub after seeing what is being sent out.  I mean, it isn't a monthly sub, for one thing.  So I have only ordered from them when I saw their tubes and wanted a certain item.  This time it was a Tarte blush, and an oil is an entirely different product, even if it is made by Tarte too.

Still seems like a bait and switch to me.  And I find it odd that so many people are saying "I am upset they have never sent out variations until now" and "they gave us no warning," but yet they don't like the words "bait and switch."  No prior notice of the variations *was* the bait and switch to me, because in prior months, you could have counted on the blush.

Anyway...they used to be good.  And yes, the values are high.  But what pissed me off most about them was that in response to my request to cancel and get a refund *prior to shipping,* they shipped my order 1.5 to 2.5 weeks early.  Sure, that may not be what actually happened, but the timing of how things happened, I'm pretty sure they did it on purpose.  It just looks that way to me.  I just don't think they are handling customers the right way, and I'm guessing the cause is more and more people ordering tubes.  I can understand running out of products, but once you have to make an almost entirely different tube, just say you're sold out and stop taking orders.  I would rather have been disappointed with $40 in my pocket, than disappointed and $40 poorer.  Just how I feel about the whole thing this time.

I think now that I have the tube in my hands and I added up the value of everything, I definitely re-thought my decision to cancel. However I would be concerned if they continued to send out variations rather than the same tube for everyone, just because there's always a chance of feeling like you got ripped off when someone else gets the items you wanted. It's easier to do variations in boxes that cost a lot less money, but people feel cheated when it's a higher-priced box and I totally understand that.

Seeing both the tubes now, I would have been happy with either one, but there's no telling if that would be the case with all future variations. I do intend on staying subscribed for at least one more month, but no matter how high the value, I still think $40 is pretty pricey for these tubes. I paid $30 for this one with the 30% off e-mail they had sent me to resubscribe, and I am thrilled with the value for $30. $40 is still a great value, but at that price range I always feel like I spent a bit too much.

I'm always a big ol' worrier/complainer until I get the box/bag/tube in my hands and then I'm usually pretty happy haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Exactly!  I think I said this.  If not, I know I thought it.  And I paid full price.  I might have looked for a code, but I know I didn't find one.  I just wanted the blush enough to pay the $40 and look at the other items as bonus items.

I adore Birchbox for $10 for each box, but if I had to pay $40 to roll the dice with them, even if they sent additional products to make for a better value, I would want far, far, far less variation.  I don't get Pop Sugar and things like that.  A $40 sub is a rare thing, though, other than a few, right?  So I just don't want to hand over $40 to New Beauty blindly, with nothing promised to be in my box that I know about.  Honestly, I'm not lying when I say I really thought the Tarte blush would be a sacred item sent to everyone.  I really did.  And based on past New Beauty tubes, I think it was a fair assumption.  I wouldn't have gambled with my $40 if I knew ahead of time it actually was a gamble, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

Can you believe it?! the value this month is ridiculous! I got the other tube and it's worth about $197ish which is flippin' awesome!
Exactly!! I really wanted the other but I wont complain. The overall value is amazing and definitely worth sticking around for the next tube. I tried my suki scrub tonight and I LOVED the smell. I might use my BB points and get a full size. Haha

So did I!!! I hope mine is making its way to me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just signed up tonight, then came here and saw that not everyone gets the same box. I was really hoping to get the It Cosmetics brush. Crossing my fingers!

Not necessarily.  Isn't the color Frisky discontinued?  I'm not sure what other color they're sending.  I tried to bid on it on ebay today, in case I don't get it, but lost out in the last 30 seconds. I know it isn't the end of the world, but it is bad business ethics.  They MUST know that people sub and unsub after seeing what is being sent out.  I mean, it isn't a monthly sub, for one thing.  So I have only ordered from them when I saw their tubes and wanted a certain item.  This time it was a Tarte blush, and an oil is an entirely different product, even if it is made by Tarte too. Still seems like a bait and switch to me.  And I find it odd that so many people are saying "I am upset they have never sent out variations until now" and "they gave us no warning," but yet they don't like the words "bait and switch."  No prior notice of the variations *was* the bait and switch to me, because in prior months, you could have counted on the blush. Anyway...they used to be good.  And yes, the values are high.  But what pissed me off most about them was that in response to my request to cancel and get a refund *prior to shipping,* they shipped my order 1.5 to 2.5 weeks early.  Sure, that may not be what actually happened, but the timing of how things happened, I'm pretty sure they did it on purpose.  It just looks that way to me.  I just don't think they are handling customers the right way, and I'm guessing the cause is more and more people ordering tubes.  I can understand running out of products, but once you have to make an almost entirely different tube, just say you're sold out and stop taking orders.  I would rather have been disappointed with $40 in my pocket, than disappointed and $40 poorer.  Just how I feel about the whole thing this time.
The truth is I am more ok with this tube then most for two reasons: 1 I lost a month somehow and was completely caught off guard by this tube so when I recieved it I had seen no spoilers and was just excited as could be to have gotten my tube. 2nd when I pulled out the It cosmetic brush I could have fainted! I am a huge It cosmetic fan and am obsessed with there brushes and this particular brush I didnt own and was looking into purchasing it. It goes for $48 dollars so you can see why this tube just made my day, night, week hell even month! If nothing else in the tube was gonna be of my taste I could have cared less as my moneys worth was already in my brush and good thing because the rest of my tube was smashed and covered in the Tarte oil and lumine cream. Thankfully the brush was on outside of tube and ok. I did email test tube and they are sending me out a replacement tube and i asked am i gonna get the same tube because I love this tube ans she said yes I will recieve the exact same tube and that got me thinking of how all of you feel who are dissapointd. If my brush had been ruined and they could not send me out the same tube i would have been devasted! Seriously I think I would have cried! So the more I think of it I do understand and get everyones frustration if I had known of this tube and was following along with the spoilers and seen the it brush I would have been having anxiety issues till my tube got here and oh my if i had not recieved the tube with the brush i think i would have had a cow! And even worse if I wasnt a normal subscriber and had signed up for this tube just for the brush yes i would be beyond angry so i apologize for my previous post because the more I think of it and put myself in your shoes but with my brush instead of the blush i totally get it because bottom line they have never done variations before so I would be on the phone flipping where is my brush lol!!

Does anyone know their shipping weight?  Mine is 2.2.  I'm wondering if that will help me find out which box I got.  I watched the videos of the 2 most received tubes, and the only thing I'd want in the brush tube is the brush itself (which I already have, so this would be a spare).  Meanwhile, besides the Tarte, I also want Phyto Mist, Suki, Vitamin C Brightener, and the YBF.  At least every box I've seen has had Glam Glow and the Bioxedia (sp?) face mask.  Still, not getting the blush tube is going to be a real let down because of the other products I want too.  The tracking says the box is in my town and has been passed off to the post office.  Guess I'll know soon.  Not knowing is driving me nuts!

Whelp...no updates on my new tracking number for the reshipped tube, no response to my email to CS, no sign of the original tube, and it's been 30 days since they took my money....so a charge dispute it is.  

I'll probably follow this up with a cancelation once the dispute is settled.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Whelp...no updates on my new tracking number for the reshipped tube, no response to my email to CS, no sign of the original tube, and it's been 30 days since they took my money....so a charge dispute it is.  

Ugh That is awful. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They should have responded to you by now, especially because I sent them two e-mails between March 10th and now, and both of them were answered. They did take a while to get back to me, but not that long.

That's really concerning and worrysome to me that you're dealing with this. I really hope they figure it out for you asap.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry Ann.  I just had to do a paypal dispute for Cheeky Beauty when I ordered a nail stamping plate.  Still waiting on it to arrive.  I hope it all works out!

Ugh That is awful. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They should have responded to you by now, especially because I sent them two e-mails between March 10th and now, and both of them were answered. They did take a while to get back to me, but not that long.

That's really concerning and worrysome to me that you're dealing with this. I really hope they figure it out for you asap.
It's more annoying than anything, but come to think of it I've sampled what appears to be at least 90% of contents they're shipping this month, so I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything.  

That's not to say that any of the items are undesirable, I think it's a nice collection of items, I'm just irritated with the run around and lack of response from CS.  

I'm definitely cancelling my sub with this company just based on sheer aggravation with their Customer service. 

I called on Monday, 3/17/14 looking for my tracking number from my order which they happily took my $ on on 3/4/14. 

Raquel in Customer service said there was no tracking available and I said to just cancel my order then because it had been too long and I was pretty sure that I would not receive the Tarte Blush box that had intrigued me into subscribing as my first tube. She advised that she could not cancel and I could just refuse the package when I receive it - which she could not help out with shipping/tracking info. 

Anyhow- Raquel advised to call back in few days and they could provide the tracking. So today, I called and spoke with Tiffany and she emailed my tracking right away. So, fedex is showing shipment on 3/12 and it's now delivered to my post office- so I should get it in the next few days.

I think it's just so 1992 that they can't update the tracking info in our subscription or account? And if we are paying $8.95 for shipping, I would think that USPS Priority would cover the costs and we would get it in 2-3 days instead of 2-4 weeks. Even Memeboxes from Korea get to me faster than NBTT. 

my tube is 2.1 lbs- I"m guessing this may be the IT cosmetics brush box? Can anyone confirm that got a tracking number? 

Quote: Originally Posted by juk723 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm definitely cancelling my sub with this company just based on sheer aggravation with their Customer service. 

I called on Monday, 3/17/14 looking for my tracking number from my order which they happily took my $ on on 3/4/14. 

Raquel in Customer service said there was no tracking available and I said to just cancel my order then because it had been too long and I was pretty sure that I would not receive the Tarte Blush box that had intrigued me into subscribing as my first tube. She advised that she could not cancel and I could just refuse the package when I receive it - which she could not help out with shipping/tracking info. 

Anyhow- Raquel advised to call back in few days and they could provide the tracking. So today, I called and spoke with Tiffany and she emailed my tracking right away. So, fedex is showing shipment on 3/12 and it's now delivered to my post office- so I should get it in the next few days.

I think it's just so 1992 that they can't update the tracking info in our subscription or account? And if we are paying $8.95 for shipping, I would think that USPS Priority would cover the costs and we would get it in 2-3 days instead of 2-4 weeks. Even Memeboxes from Korea get to me faster than NBTT. 

my tube is 2.1 lbs- I"m guessing this may be the IT cosmetics brush box? Can anyone confirm that got a tracking number? 
Your story sounds like mine.  I asked about shipping (by email) and they wrote back to say it would take 2-3 weeks.  I wrote back asking to cancel, and they shipped that very day!  They are crooks because of doing this, in my book.  By the way, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I think it is highly likely you'll be getting the brush box.  My shipping weight was 2.2 lbs, and mine did not have Tarte.  Literally, the only thing I actually wanted in my box was the Suki sample.  I love the brush, but I already have it, so this one isn't a new item to be but only a spare to put away in a drawer until I need it.  I'm very, very unhappy about New Beauty this time.  
icon_cry.gif

Your story sounds like mine.  I asked about shipping (by email) and they wrote back to say it would take 2-3 weeks.  I wrote back asking to cancel, and they shipped that very day!  They are crooks because of doing this, in my book.  By the way, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I think it is highly likely you'll be getting the brush box.  My shipping weight was 2.2 lbs, and mine did not have Tarte.  Literally, the only thing I actually wanted in my box was the Suki sample.  I love the brush, but I already have it, so this one isn't a new item to be but only a spare to put away in a drawer until I need it.  I'm very, very unhappy about New Beauty this time.  :icon_cry:
Thanks for confirming your box weight! I'll post my pic when I get mine. It seems like the regular subscribers were the lucky ones to get the Tarte blush and those of us subscribing after hearing the joyous news of the Tarte blush were a little late (except for. Miss Jexie ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back