NewBeauty Testtube March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box this morning without any shipping notification.  I got the same box as above just with different CHEAPER Beauty to go items - a foil sample and a tiny perfume sample that you can get at the makeup department stores.  I am TOTALLY BUMMED out and annoyed.   I honestly feel like the boxes they sent to the beauty box reviewers are bait and switches.  They send them the best stuff, knowing they had a reputation for sending out the SAME box with little to no variations and then once we were hooked sent us this crap.  I would have been ok with the Tarte oil if it wasn't a rollerball!  Ugh. I'm going to cancel now!  I was so excited.  I even put on hold buying a taste blush yesterday in order to wait and see what was in my test tube beauty box!!!  
Babs28-when did you order your box?

I got my box today as well: no shipping notification either. I ordered mine in late february/early March...about a week after I got the 30% off e-mail from them.

My "Beauty to Go" items were the Suki face, the Hope in a Jar, the Peuonia and the Radial foil packet. I am THRILLED I got the blush, although it's in Frisky, which is a VERY bright reddish color with lots of shimmery glitter LOL. it looks really pretty sheered out but it packed a huge punch!

Also can anyone tell me if the suki face product is supposed to be dry-ish feeling? I always imagined it to be like a sugar scrub.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Also can anyone tell me if the suki face product is supposed to be dry-ish feeling? I always imagined it to be like a sugar scrub.
I've gotten it a number of times, and it is drier than any other sugar scrub I've used. But I love it...hope you do, too!

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've gotten it a number of times, and it is drier than any other sugar scrub I've used. But I love it...hope you do, too!
Awesome! I don't mind if it's supposed to be dry, but I just wanted to make sure that it's supposed to be that way :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm excited to try it since I've heard good things!

So I spent some time calculating and working out prices for everything in my test tube (including the beauty-to-go samples) and the total value of everything is $197! Holy moses, that's an amazing value for a test tube!

I got my box today as well: no shipping notification either. I ordered mine in late february/early March...about a week after I got the 30% off e-mail from them.

My "Beauty to Go" items were the Suki face, the Hope in a Jar, the Peuonia and the Radial foil packet. I am THRILLED I got the blush, although it's in Frisky, which is a VERY bright reddish color with lots of shimmery glitter LOL. it looks really pretty sheered out but it packed a huge punch!

Miss Jexie- Happy for you that you got the Tube you wanted! I'm HOPING badly that I get this one too. I think I'll call them tomorrow to see if they can provide a tracking #.

Two questions for anyone: 

1. When will the magazine be sent? Or has anyone gotten theirs yet?

2. Where is the Tarte blush in Frisky made in? US or China

Thanks in advance!

Quote: Originally Posted by juk723 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Miss Jexie- Happy for you that you got the Tube you wanted! I'm HOPING badly that I get this one too. I think I'll call them tomorrow to see if they can provide a tracking #.

Two questions for anyone: 

1. When will the magazine be sent? Or has anyone gotten theirs yet?

2. Where is the Tarte blush in Frisky made in? US or China

Thanks in advance!

I know when I used to subscribe, the magazine came with every box, but that was when it was only 4x a year. I know that they are sent in the mail separately, but I'm not sure when the last magazine was sent. I'm assuming it's every 3 months still (or 4 times a year) so someone who has been subscribed longer would be able to let us know when the next one should be arriving.

My Frisky blush is made in the US. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm still waiting on mine, but I'm not really looking forward to it.  I will cancel as soon as I get the tube as well.  In fact, I don't think I've *ever* stayed subbed to New Beauty.  I have always waited to see what they were sending out, then ordered, because this box is too dang *expensive* to purchase if you don't know what you're getting!!!  I so hope they get a huge backlash from this.  They want to act like Birchbox, but cost almost 4 times as much for a single box.  What on earth were they thinking?!?!

I'm also tempted to write to Tarte to encourage them not to work with New Beauty in the future unless and until they don't use Tarte products as a bait and switch item.  I said this on Ipsy's FB page once in relation to the Urban Decay and practically got death threats.  
icon_rolleyes.gif
  But then, thank goodness this is MUT.  I don't want them to stop sending Tarte, really, but only to guarantee that a highly sought after item will be in each tube, or put in something else where you can make that guarantee.  I know many on here will be lucky to get the blush--and YAH for that--but if you stop and think that it was just luck of the draw (as New Beauty has NO profile like Birchbox--another difference) then you know you could just as easily have missed out.

I will say this (which may help console some who don't get the Tarte???) if they are putting in the IT brush in place of the blush, value wise I think the brush is around $48 or so v/s the $25 or so for the blush.  Plus, I think it is my favorite brush that I own, so I wouldn't mind a second one.  I just think (like some have said) that New Beauty probably knows people treat their sub differently because of the price and the fact that it doesn't come out every month.  Maybe they think they created a monster by not doing variations from the start, but too bad.  They set the expectations from the beginning.  To tout Tarte and not deliver is only going to lead to pissed off customers, which will likely turn into ex-customers.  I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm still waiting on mine, but I'm not really looking forward to it.  I will cancel as soon as I get the tube as well.  In fact, I don't think I've *ever* stayed subbed to New Beauty.  I have always waited to see what they were sending out, then ordered, because this box is too dang *expensive* to purchase if you don't know what you're getting!!!  I so hope they get a huge backlash from this.  They want to act like Birchbox, but cost almost 4 times as much for a single box.  What on earth were they thinking?!?!

I'm also tempted to write to Tarte to encourage them not to work with New Beauty in the future unless and until they don't use Tarte products as a bait and switch item.  I said this on Ipsy's FB page once in relation to the Urban Decay and practically got death threats.  
icon_rolleyes.gif
  But then, thank goodness this is MUT.  I don't want them to stop sending Tarte, really, but only to guarantee that a highly sought after item will be in each tube, or put in something else where you can make that guarantee.  I know many on here will be lucky to get the blush--and YAH for that--but if you stop and think that it was just luck of the draw (as New Beauty has NO profile like Birchbox--another difference) then you know you could just as easily have missed out.

I will say this (which may help console some who don't get the Tarte???) if they are putting in the IT brush in place of the blush, value wise I think the brush is around $48 or so v/s the $25 or so for the blush.  Plus, I think it is my favorite brush that I own, so I wouldn't mind a second one.  I just think (like some have said) that New Beauty probably knows people treat their sub differently because of the price and the fact that it doesn't come out every month.  Maybe they think they created a monster by not doing variations from the start, but too bad.  They set the expectations from the beginning.  To tout Tarte and not deliver is only going to lead to pissed off customers, which will likely turn into ex-customers.  I wouldn't be surprised.

Well I think that the Tarte maracuja oil roll on, the mally lip gloss and the it cosmetics brush are all in the same tube, which is a really excellent selection of high-end products! At least there's Tarte in both tubes, that was the only thing keeping me from getting angry rather than just a lil miffed. I actually preferred everything in the other tube, it would have been perfect for me if they had put the tarte blush in place of the tarte oil. Would love to try that brush it looks amazing!

I do hear you, though. As I said before, I think it's a lil bit shady that they always send out the same tube (for the most part) and this month they just switch it up with no warning at all. I'm not sure what you mean by using Tarte as a bait and switch since the brand itself was in both tubes? Can you elaborate?

579225_10201679122235476_1792896426_n.jpg

1614049_10152018440425847_1243055344_o.jpg

(both of these photos are from the new beauty fb page) I mean (aside from the beauty-to-go bonus samples which are random) I think that both tubes are pretty equal in value/desirability. Granted each person is going to want one or the other more: for example you and I both wanted the blush, but there were other ladies earlier in the thread that really wanted the tarte maracuja oil instead. So idk...while I think you're totally justified in being disappointed and upset at the idea that you might not get the tube that you expected to pay for, I don't think that New Beauty deserves a huge backlash over it. I think just e-mailing them and expressing your disappointment over the fact that there were different options this month would probably help!

Speaking of e-mailing, I have e-mailed them twice over an issue I had with a product and I have yet to hear from them. It's been quite a few days now. Do they usually take this long to respond to e-mails?

I agree with everything u said and these tubes no matter which one you recieved was an awesome tube and worth almost 6 times the cost of what we paid. I understand that some people are upset because they was expecting a certain item and they just switched up variations without notice, i get it! Honestly though to say they used the Tarte blush as bait is just wrong since no matter what tube you recieved you got a tarte item and both are very highly sought after. I recieved the top pic with the It cosmetic brush and even though im not siked about the oil i cant complain about this tube its an awesome tube one of the best imo they have sent out. But i do know that for all who recieved the It brush its worth 48 dollars you could try selling it and then go and get the blush you want actually there is quite a few things in the tube you could sell/trade for the blush. Just a thought. Either way everyone is entitled to their opinions and this is just mine i know getting an awesome tube of such value like this would never make me wanna think bout canceling even though i didnt get the blush but hey i guess if u really are that upset with what u recieved then do whats best for you ladies........not me cant wait for May!!!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by greendrinkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with everything u said and these tubes no matter which one you recieved was an awesome tube and worth almost 6 times the cost of what we paid. I understand that some people are upset because they was expecting a certain item and they just switched up variations without notice, i get it! Honestly though to say they used the Tarte blush as bait is just wrong since no matter what tube you recieved you got a tarte item and both are very highly sought after. I recieved the top pic with the It cosmetic brush and even though im not siked about the oil i cant complain about this tube its an awesome tube one of the best imo they have sent out. But i do know that for all who recieved the It brush its worth 48 dollars you could try selling it and then go and get the blush you want actually there is quite a few things in the tube you could sell/trade for the blush. Just a thought. Either way everyone is entitled to their opinions and this is just mine i know getting an awesome tube of such value like this would never make me wanna think bout canceling even though i didnt get the blush but hey i guess if u really are that upset with what u recieved then do whats best for you ladies........not me cant wait for May!!!!!!

I think now that I have the tube in my hands and I added up the value of everything, I definitely re-thought my decision to cancel. However I would be concerned if they continued to send out variations rather than the same tube for everyone, just because there's always a chance of feeling like you got ripped off when someone else gets the items you wanted. It's easier to do variations in boxes that cost a lot less money, but people feel cheated when it's a higher-priced box and I totally understand that.

Seeing both the tubes now, I would have been happy with either one, but there's no telling if that would be the case with all future variations. I do intend on staying subscribed for at least one more month, but no matter how high the value, I still think $40 is pretty pricey for these tubes. I paid $30 for this one with the 30% off e-mail they had sent me to resubscribe, and I am thrilled with the value for $30. $40 is still a great value, but at that price range I always feel like I spent a bit too much.

I'm always a big ol' worrier/complainer until I get the box/bag/tube in my hands and then I'm usually pretty happy haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I didn't get anything I really wanted except the Glam Glow.  I really wanted the blush, vitamin c serum, and the eye wrinkle cream stuff I can't think of the name of that was in the Beauty To Go bag.  I signed up soley because I read early reviews and got stuck with a tube that doesn't have the bigger items I saw to lure me in.  Not happy.  Not that it's bad stuff, it's just not as valuable TO ME. 

Even my nail polish is a different color that the metallic one I've seen posted the most.  It's light pink...like all the light pink we got last month in boxes.

Undecided about the next tube now.  I am thinking to cancel, wait for MORE spoilers than just the early ones and decide from there. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Laurenv78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well, I didn't get anything I really wanted except the Glam Glow.  I really wanted the blush, vitamin c serum, and the eye wrinkle cream stuff I can't think of the name of that was in the Beauty To Go bag.  I signed up soley because I read early reviews and got stuck with a tube that doesn't have the bigger items I saw to lure me in.  Not happy.  Not that it's bad stuff, it's just not as valuable TO ME. 

Even my nail polish is a different color that the metallic one I've seen posted the most.  It's light pink...like all the light pink we got last month in boxes.

Undecided about the next tube now.  I am thinking to cancel, wait for MORE spoilers than just the early ones and decide from there. 
Ugh that sucks. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I can totally understand you being upset. I really wanted the blush and I'm happy I got it, but now I kind of wish I got the other tube because I am lusting after that it cosmetics brush. I don't really need or want the vitamin c serum, so I do kind of wish the brush and the serum were switched around lol.

Ugh that sucks. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I can totally understand you being upset. I really wanted the blush and I'm happy I got it, but now I kind of wish I got the other tube because I am lusting after that it cosmetics brush. I don't really need or want the vitamin c serum, so I do kind of wish the brush and the serum were switched around lol.
I would trade the brush, but I am considering selling it on ebay and buying the blush since I wanted that more than the oil.  I think I have a blush problem..I'm using 4 at the moment already lol...

Quote: Originally Posted by Laurenv78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I would trade the brush, but I am considering selling it on ebay and buying the blush since I wanted that more than the oil.  I think I have a blush problem..I'm using 4 at the moment already lol...
hahaha I am blush-obsessed too....it's the only thing I feel like I never have enough of! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back