Quarterly Co Nina Garcia *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by ashleygo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If it ships the same place as the other Compton, CA. It went Priority mail I believe. Shipped Friday I got wednesday and I live in VA. Since monday is a federal Holiday it might be a bit tricky.
That's fair. I'm going to put it in my head about a week after they were announced to ship, regardless of communications.  Pretty typical.  So I will lower my expectations to Friday or the Monday after, given the holiday.  Thanks for the info! 

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm looking forward to seeing what you girls get!!
Same I'm kinda stalking this because it sold out before I could order. I hope it's great!

Quote: Originally Posted by susanleia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm looking forward to seeing what you girls get!!
Same I'm kinda stalking this because it sold out before I could order. I hope it's great!

Me too, and I hope I'm not kicking myself for hesitating until it was too late!!

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Me too, and I hope I'm not kicking myself for hesitating until it was too late!!
I was also hesitating, I never bought any Quarterly boxes, 100 dollars is a bit of a gamble, but Nina Garcia name won me over. Now I hope I am not kicking myself for jumping on this one, lol.

Eleda, don't kick yourself!!! LOL. I am in the same boat as you! This is my first Quarterly Box, I studied them all and found the Nina Garcia and saw some talking about it online in the Subscription Review posts and well, I have seen Nina on Project Runway and well thought I would give it a try and then I saw the price! It would be at that time the most expensive box I would have purchased. I actually talked with my husband andhe thout if I wanted it so bad to go ahead. So I did. I wish you all well as we wai't the next several days in contemplation while waiting for our boxes to magically appear! Take care and hopefully it ill be sooner rather than later Nancy

For me, I looked into Quarterly a bit and found it has a specific angle in that it gives these "celebrities" a chance to put together a gift around a central theme.  The theme itself doesn't have to be literal - so in this case, not every piece will be something in fashion (wearable).  I read somewhere about her box containing something that influences fashion.  It's also about the long-term - meaning the theme builds on itself each quarter.  I was looking at it as a package that she picked out - and her interpretation of "fashion" theme.  I don't think it will be a box where we get a great deal on something (or lots of somethings); there are plenty of boxes where brands are offering items free or reduced costs to be a part of a subscription - and get brand exposure (think of the $40 box valued at $100).  This is more likely to be something "smart" or "creative" that she picked out - rather than deals.  Maybe around the value of $100, or maybe not.  I don't know.  I just set my expectation in a way that wasn't in line w/ other subscriptions that were of the same price tag.  This is something Nina Garcia decided to participate in quarter after quarter and we can see how she expresses herself around a theme.  I can't imagine reporting a subscription to the BBB, attorney general, or anywhere else (especially, since part of it is based upon how we interpret the concept). And I am currently subscribed to another one that has been disappointing for a few months (seasonsbox).  Anyways, not sure if this helped at all in terms of setting expectations on this box.  Sometimes we appreciate these boxes more when we lower the expectation on them - at least that's what I find for myself.  I don't recall all the clips I read when determining whether or not to buy it myself.

Just googled and found these paragraphs though (discussion how the model has changed w/ new executive leadership):

>>The other thing missing from the Quarterly Co. experience early on was an authentic connection to the celebrity contributors. The reason consumers sign up is not simply to get interesting items in the mail, but to feel like they are a part of something intimate and exclusive. But without a proper system for managing box creation and storytelling, much of this was being lost between concept and execution.

To remedy this, Lowe began encouraging the contributors to stick to long-term themes – for example Pharrell Williams likes to encourage curiosity and creativity, while Ferris is a known health and fitness aficionado. He also assigned a Contributor Manager to each celebrity making it easier for them to execute more ambitious gift ideas. The company also made simple changes like featuring the enclosed letter more prominently. Today, Lowe is focused on expanding beyond mainstream celebrities to a wider range of tastemakers, including winemakers, chefs, and designers, as well as actors and directors. For many of these individuals, this will be their first and only channel for delivering a physical item to their large followings.

>>>

I still believe that they have shipped - or worse case will ship on Tuesday (after the weekend and the holiday).  Nina only announced on Friday that it was the day they were shipping.  Sometimes that means that the information is sent to the shippers - part of the process of shipping.  I think we will have our boxes within a week (Friday or next Monday), depending.  Fingers crossed.  If not, then let's see how things go.  I, personally, am looking forward to the experience since it is a different type of box than I have received so far.  One with thought put in it from Nina Garcia.

I have decided to stop worring about this box. I am going to look forward to what ever Nina has to share with us. While I would prefer it not be pencils and notebooks. I look forward to her thoughts, ideas that she wants to share with us. She has ideas on what makes fashion tick and the culture that feeds it and I hope to receive some of those items. Like on Project runway they will take them to an art museum or look at a skyline or go to the zoo. While I don't need a zebra, what is fashioned from its form or colors or stripes can be interesting. So that's what I expect from Nina and hopefully soon!

I'm so excited to see what everyone gets. I didn't subscribe to this, but really wanted to. I would have loved a spoiler but seeing all of your boxes and some of the blogger reviews will help me decide for the next quarterly box. 

Has anyone heard anything today about their boxes! It has gotten quiet here and was just wondering when people were expecting their boxes. mine hasnt even shipped yet, so I guess I will have to depend on you all to spoil me with those spoilers when you get your boxes! : )

Like I said before on my previous box I didn't get tracking info until Tuesday (then got my box the next day) even though it shipped Friday and when I had asked on their facebook they said there is a lag on the email (and their website isn't set up to give shipping info). I wouldn't assume your box hasn't shipped. I expect mine will probably show up Thursday or Friday (with Monday being a holiday there is probably going to be a lag). If I receive box and there are no spoilers I will be happy to post a picture if people want.

Spiritwind. I think we've all had boxes we've received where shipping notification comes after the box has actually been received. And sometimes boxes come out in shifts. Its why not every box is received the same day. 

I didn't mean a negative when talking about the boxes and when they would arrive! I was just encouraging those who do get their boxes to spoil us with spoilers!

I subscribed to Nina's box months ago and I received an email today that the website had a bug and my information was not complete so they did not charge me for the box or shipped the box. Quarterly is giving me the opportunity to buy the box but now I'm thinking I might just wait for the second box to see how good the first one is. I hope this hasn't happened to anyone else.

No and I hope it doesn't! I would really love to see and receive what Nina has put out there for us to get. I have been super excited about this box and I don't think I could go another 3 months of wonder! Besides, depending what she has for us and if we "Klick" I would want to get the second box!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Couture Jungle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I subscribed to Nina's box months ago and I received an email today that the website had a bug and my information was not complete so they did not charge me for the box or shipped the box. Quarterly is giving me the opportunity to buy the box but now I'm thinking I might just wait for the second box to see how good the first one is. I hope this hasn't happened to anyone else.
Did you get the email saying it was charged last week?

I saw on Twitter that Quarterly Co. responded to two people that the box shipped on Friday.

Same thing happened to me. I never got an email about it though. When I noticed I wasn't charged last week I emailed and they told me they would go ahead and reprocess the payment. As of today that still hasn't happened so I emailed them again to see if they knew when they'd be charging me. I want my box.

Back