SECRET SANTA 2014 sign up now open!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, is there a reason why we can't edit the posts in the Getting to Know You thread?  I've thought of a few more things I'd like to tweak (mainly allergies/sensitivities/preferences) and that would be great if we could -- At least until we're assigned a wonderful Santee!!

(And I'm so excited I miiiiiiiight have spent the past few nights reading the 2013 reveal thread.  I'm not even close to being finished, but I'm loving it!!)

Also, is there a reason why we can't edit the posts in the Getting to Know You thread?  I've thought of a few more things I'd like to tweak (mainly allergies/sensitivities/preferences) and that would be great if we could -- At least until we're assigned a wonderful Santee!!

(And I'm so excited I miiiiiiiight have spent the past few nights reading the 2013 reveal thread.  I'm not even close to being finished, but I'm loving it!!)
The new site has a time limit for editing. I don't remember exactly what it is, but it's not very long!

If you want, copy & paste it into a message, make your changes, & send it to me. I can go in & edit it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

The new site has a time limit for editing. I don't remember exactly what it is, but it's not very long!

If you want, copy & paste it into a message, make your changes, & send it to me. I can go in & edit it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
OH thank you!!  I'll make sure I do my very best to get it together soon.

Boo hiss!  I learned the hard way that I could't edit someone awhile back, lol.  It seems like the time could be adjusted since we are allowed to edit our trade/swap posts.  (Not trying to harp -- promise!)

OH thank you!!  I'll make sure I do my very best to get it together soon.

Boo hiss!  I learned the hard way that I could't edit someone awhile back, lol.  It seems like the time could be adjusted since we are allowed to edit our trade/swap posts.  (Not trying to harp -- promise!)
I believe the time limit is 24 hours.  You can edit your swap/trade posts an unlimited number of times with no time limit -- in the Buy/Sell/Trade section, and only in that section.  This is probably a good time for me to post this, from Midsummer, about how to create a wishlist:

And creating a Buy Sell Trade post.  First, go here:https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/forum/103-makeup-nails/

Click on Start New Topic.  Then fill out your dreamlist title, then fill out the body of the post, then click Post New Topic, et voila!  You have a new url to add to your survey and/or signature!
You WILL NOT be able to edit a post outside of the BST section after 24 hours, so I strongly recommend that everyone use that section for this sort of thing!  If you create a wishlist in that section and want it in your survey (and not just in your signature), just PM @ or me with the url, and one of us can add it to your survey.

I had so much trouble with adding my nickname on elfster. It's not an option on the app and at work I have to use an old internet explorer version and the edit button didn't work. Finally dusted off my home laptop and used google chrome, worked like a charm.

I started my elfster wish list and I hope my SS isn't disappointed, I don't have specific links to products just categories like candles. I love trying new things and don't want anyone to feel they have to buy a specific brand or I won't be happy. Can't wait to get my santee's name so the stalking can begin!!!

A little over a day until sign ups close!

If you haven't already, you need to add your address on elfster or PM it to me before sign ups close. If we don't have your address, I can't match you up!

Surveys need to be complete by close of sign ups as well.

If you have a shipping preference (international or not) let us know in this thread ASAP.

I'm traveling today but will be home tonight to respond to messages. If you need something sooner, ask @ or @@meaganola :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: Missing addresses for @@DeSha @@monkeyx3 @@Jazbot @@ttanner2005

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if I mentioned this is my original sign up post, but I rather not ship internationally. I CAN if you need someone, but I never have before and rather not risk screwing something up :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Getting stuff from someone international would be kinda cool though.... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back