Starlooks August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@sarahtyler Glad to be here! From all the previous boxes I've seen via internet search, it looks like a really great sub. I can't wait to start guessing

@@biancardi Yay! I am an absolute lip junkie, so that's good news for me! I hope there's some next month, and that they're bold, unique colors. I'm starting school next week, so I could use some more variety. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@pokeballssohard  Not only do we get a lot of lip products, but they also have something like five different types of lip product!

- Regular lipstick

- Tendergloss (billed as lipgloss in stick form, I find it to be more like tinted lip balm, but in a good way!  Not gooey and sticky like gloss, but lighter-weight than lipstick!)

- lipliner

- long-wear lipstick

- lipgloss

Last edited by a moderator:
Their tenderglosses keep blowing me away. I got puzzy in my January box. It's a very sheer pinky peach that adds a little shimmer but not much color. I thought all tenderglosses would be sheer like that until I got pooh bear in the last box. Holy opaque moisturizing color! I am officially addicted. I need all the colors.

I agree the tenderglosses are pretty great! I love their matte lipsticks, they are super moisturizing and last a pretty long while.
I am sad that I have unsubbed after this month but after almost 2 years of being a starbox member, I think I have quite a lot of makeup. Going to take a break until December because I love the huge palette we get, I seriously cannot resist it!

For the Mystery item, I was thrilled to receive the prettiest 5 pan eyeshadow palette. I don't see it on their site but the colors are satins and shimmers in a coppery shade, a pretty blue, purple, goldish taupe and lovely yellow. Love.love.love!!!
image.jpg
Wow thats a great mystery item!

Got my mystery items from Monday!! I got a fuschia lipstick, light tan eyeshadow and a blue eyeshadow palette!! I don't wear blue eyeshadow much but excited still to try it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If I ever drop all of my beauty subs, this one will be the last to go for sure. My Starlooks collection is far greater than any other brand I own and I love it. I could probably survive forever only using their lip products. lol Being patient this month is killing me!
 I totally totally TOTALLY agree with you. It is actual my only beauty sub right now and since it actually costs me 25$ a month, I got to put a hold until December for budget reason as well. I cannot wait to come back tho and live vicariously through all of you. I am excited to get this box but sad at the same time...

I got my mystery items today as well.

Burnt orange shimmery lipstick

HD fluid cream blush...also kind of orange. 

Disappointment. Neither is wearable for me, but they would be really awesome on someone with a darker complexion. That's the luck of the draw though.

I wish they didn't peel the color labels off the items.

I got my mystery items today as well.

Burnt orange shimmery lipstick

HD fluid cream blush...also kind of orange. 

Disappointment. Neither is wearable for me, but they would be really awesome on someone with a darker complexion. That's the luck of the draw though.

I wish they didn't peel the color labels off the items.
Sorry to hear that, maybe you could experiment and find an alternate use for it.

I received my free product for the survey - it is a lipliner in bare - which isn't that bad, because I will probably use it with a lip balm.  It is a brownish-nude and I like that type of look!

Got my two mystery items today - a pigment in a lime green/gold color and an hd liquid blush. The blush is really pretty. I'm a little jealousy of the people who got palettes, but pretty happy with mine.

Got my two mystery items today - a pigment in a lime green/gold color and an hd liquid blush. The blush is really pretty. I'm a little jealousy of the people who got palettes, but pretty happy with mine.
Nice, I hope I get a palette and a lipstick.

I got a shipping notice yesterday!

I am not sure if it's for the starbox or for my free survey item.

I think I subscribed to this box 2x? Anyways, just pulled out the pot of the Longwear eyeliner I got in some box. It's black and I used it for the first time today and really liked it! Did a great cat eye and it went on so smooth. Does anyone have any of the other colors of the Longwear eyeliner that you would recommend?

I have four - a pink one(orbit), a gold (sun) one, a bronze-green one (wyld)  and my favorite, which is a  deep blue-green called orion.  The last two I use a lot

Back