Secret Santa 2012 Presents Revealed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sitting here with the patience of a 5 year old. I went to the post office this morning and had a package from my Santa waiting for me, but I need to wait until I get home later to open it so I can take pics and play show and tell. I'm the worst at waiting and I want to open it now!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I may have been a little excited when I got home that I forgot to take a pic of the wrapped goodies. Cosmia was my Santa and spoiled me rotten!

All of this awesomeness was wrapped up for me! I've been on a green polish kick lately so this is perfect, and I literally had the Herban Towlettes in my Birchbox shopping cart earlier to try, but decided to wait til my next order. I'm glad I did! And Cosmia sent a really cool scarf with purple in it as well. I secretly have a thing for scarves right now, I've been wearing them a lot lately, I can't wait to wear this one as well!

Thank you sooo much for the lovely things! You outdid yourself, I love everything!

Xiehan I'm so glad your package arrived safely and that you like everything.  I know you will grow to love the nail stamping, its pretty addictive.  You can use polishes other than Konad for stamping so you can put your nail polish stash to good use.  The Origins ornament kind of fell into my lap like it was just meant to be and I was so excited to have found the samples in the products that you wanted.  I really had fun shopping for you.  Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Also...I received my box today from Girly Enthusiast!!  I am trying to hold out until Christmas...I opened the outside box and found 4 packages and a very sweet card, so we will see how long my resolve lasts.  Girly,what a sneaky girl you are!!  So funny that while I was doing shopping for your birthday you were doing shopping for my Secret Santa!!  Thank you so much.

This is one of the best Secret Santa's I've ever been involved with (and I haven't even opened my gifts yet!).  It has been so fun to read all the comments about the Secret Santa packages and my holiday mood is super charged up.  I also want to say that I truly enjoy belonging to this group of beautiful ladies who all share the same interest..makeup and nails!  This is really a caring, uplifting community and I'm so happy to be a part of it.  I think you all are awesome 
wub.gif

Thanks to everyone and I wish you all a wonderful Holiday season!  Best Wishes for the New Year.

LyndaV

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I may have been a little excited when I got home that I forgot to take a pic of the wrapped goodies. Cosmia was my Santa and spoiled me rotten!

All of this awesomeness was wrapped up for me! I've been on a green polish kick lately so this is perfect, and I literally had the Herban Towlettes in my Birchbox shopping cart earlier to try, but decided to wait til my next order. I'm glad I did! And Cosmia sent a really cool scarf with purple in it as well. I secretly have a thing for scarves right now, I've been wearing them a lot lately, I can't wait to wear this one as well!

Thank you sooo much for the lovely things! You outdid yourself, I love everything!
I'm so glad you love everything!!! Your post totally made my day.

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also...I received my box today from Girly Enthusiast!!  I am trying to hold out until Christmas...I opened the outside box and found 4 packages and a very sweet card, so we will see how long my resolve lasts.  Girly,what a sneaky girl you are!!  So funny that while I was doing shopping for your birthday you were doing shopping for my Secret Santa!!  Thank you so much.

This is one of the best Secret Santa's I've ever been involved with (and I haven't even opened my gifts yet!).  It has been so fun to read all the comments about the Secret Santa packages and my holiday mood is super charged up.  I also want to say that I truly enjoy belonging to this group of beautiful ladies who all share the same interest..makeup and nails!  This is really a caring, uplifting community and I'm so happy to be a part of it.  I think you all are awesome 
wub.gif

Thanks to everyone and I wish you all a wonderful Holiday season!  Best Wishes for the New Year.

LyndaV
Yay! Glad it arrived safe and sound. My postman was laughing at me for the pictures I drew all over the box. Good luck trying to hold out until Christmas (it's hard lol). I hope you enjoy the gifts! 

p.s. I apologize for the bad wrapping... I can't wrap.

Adding on, I want to show what I got from my Secret Santa, since I've been good and followed her instructions as to how to open the presents!! Thanks again, tgooberbutt, I loved everything!!

Oh...she gifted me a little BB cream, which I loved and already used up...so it's not in the pictures! Lol

I felt soooo spoiled and lucky! Thanks again, I'm definitely doing this again! Now if I could get most of my own friends to get creative like this, we'd be rolling in fun beauty stuff to add to our stashes!

Haha...so my resolve to not open my packages lasted less than 24 hours!  Wow GirlyEnthusiast you really went overboard on this...I love every single item!!

• Inside a super cute makeup case I got 3 Julep polishes (Harley, Alma, Courtenay) that I did not already have which is hard to do since I have so many Juleps.  Also a nail buffer, caramel apple taffy (my boys have already devoured), and Sally Hanson Salon Effects in Animal Instinct (these are great when you need a super fast mani!)
  • The Essie set is great too...don't have those colors either and I've been wanting to get a new crystal file.  
  • Two mascaras (Buxom and Tarte that I've never tried before...always on the look out for a new HG mascara
  • Salon Express nail stamp kit - I have a small stamper that I've had trouble using, but have heard this double sided one is easier to use so I actually have been looking for this.  Thank you I can't wait to use this!
  • AND...last but not least...3 fabulous Indie polishes from a new company launching in Jan 2013.  I got a glittery white, a sage green with sparkles, and a dusty blue with irridescent sparkles.  These are my favorite of the gifts and you couldn't have found anything more perfect for me because I love indie polishes.

Thank you so much for your generosity, GIrly Enthusiast.  You are the best Santa EVER!!!  

LOL will anybody last until Christmas? haha

I think seeing what other people got are just making the ones who tried to wait even more ancy to open theirs!

I check my mailbox everyday hoping mine comes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my girl should get hers soon so I'm anxious to know if she likes it.

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha...so my resolve to not open my packages lasted less than 24 hours!  Wow GirlyEnthusiast you really went overboard on this...I love every single item!!

• Inside a super cute makeup case I got 3 Julep polishes (Harley, Alma, Courtenay) that I did not already have which is hard to do since I have so many Juleps.  Also a nail buffer, caramel apple taffy (my boys have already devoured), and Sally Hanson Salon Effects in Animal Instinct (these are great when you need a super fast mani!)
  • The Essie set is great too...don't have those colors either and I've been wanting to get a new crystal file.  
  • Two mascaras (Buxom and Tarte that I've never tried before...always on the look out for a new HG mascara
  • Salon Express nail stamp kit - I have a small stamper that I've had trouble using, but have heard this double sided one is easier to use so I actually have been looking for this.  Thank you I can't wait to use this!
  • AND...last but not least...3 fabulous Indie polishes from a new company launching in Jan 2013.  I got a glittery white, a sage green with sparkles, and a dusty blue with irridescent sparkles.  These are my favorite of the gifts and you couldn't have found anything more perfect for me because I love indie polishes.

Thank you so much for your generosity, GIrly Enthusiast.  You are the best Santa EVER!!!  

Awwww I am so happy you loved everything :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> very glad to hear you didn't already have any of the colors too! Let me know how you like the indie polish - they looked so pretty in the bottle.

Woohoo! I hope I got at least some of the colors in the pallet and nail polishes right :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm glad you liked the BB cream - Skin79 is one of my favorites, and they have so many different types to choose from! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Adding on, I want to show what I got from my Secret Santa, since I've been good and followed her instructions as to how to open the presents!! Thanks again, tgooberbutt, I loved everything!!

Oh...she gifted me a little BB cream, which I loved and already used up...so it's not in the pictures! Lol

I felt soooo spoiled and lucky! Thanks again, I'm definitely doing this again! Now if I could get most of my own friends to get creative like this, we'd be rolling in fun beauty stuff to add to our stashes!

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't received mine so I am anxiously waiting and will probably rip it open before I get into my house lol
Ditto!

Woohoo! I hope I got at least some of the colors in the pallet and nail polishes right :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm glad you liked the BB cream - Skin79 is one of my favorites, and they have so many different types to choose from! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You were spot on! Thank you thank you THANK YOU!! Lol, I loved every single item! Plus, jewel tones, shimmer and glitter?! I am extremely happy and feel very lucky to have gotten you! Although, it was trying my patience to not rip open every single package at one time. Lol, because I work nights, I almost flubbed on the timing. But I managed to restrain myself and open one a day, which heightened and made the experience better, to be honest. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I GOT MY GIFTS!!!  

I had a feeling that it would come today because I'll leave home next week.

It seems from D[SIZE=10.5pt]iana16 according to the sender's name but I'm not sure. Haven't opened it yet.[/SIZE]

I found it outside my door before leaving in the morning and now I'm back. 

Will update pictures soon! I definitely can't wait until Christmas day! 

Originally Posted by fayeX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I GOT MY GIFTS!!!  

I had a feeling that it would come today because I'll leave home next week.

It seems from D[SIZE=10.5pt]iana16 according to the sender's name but I'm not sure. Haven't opened it yet.[/SIZE]

I found it outside my door before leaving in the morning and now I'm back. 

Will update pictures soon! I definitely can't wait until Christmas day! 
Yes she is your Secret Santa!
santa.gif

Sorry for the delay. I got my gifts yesterday nut just had time to update what’s inside!

My Secret Santa is Diana16. She is really a mind reader! Everything fits so perfect into my wish and needs. When I look back to my ‘wish list’ in the sign-up thread I think only GOD can know what I really want but Diana just worked better than god!

Let me show you guys the miracle work she has done! 

First impression: shiny blue box [FONT='宋体']:)[/FONT]

Tried hard not to tear up the wrapping paper. The first thing I saw was the card on top~ Sweet~

WOW lots of stuff! I didn’t know which one to pick out first.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Ok let’s start with the one that hides behind.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

First surprise! My phone camera can’t get the real color. they are much more vivid than in picture. Love the gorgeous colors. Love the elegant package. Even the brush included feels so good.

The brand is called Sedona lace. It’s new to me. Guess it’s an new indie brand. I’ve never stepped out of those well-known brands but grew an interest in indie brands recently (mostly because of the posts/ articles by Zadidoll). I regreted that I didn’t put some indie brands in my wish list but Diana seems know everything I thought!

Eye shadow with a nail polish- aren’t they a pair?

The most exciting part: BRUSHES!!! (also from Sedona Lace.) I only asked for one but Diana sent me four! All of them are useful and of good quality. I already had several synthetic hair eye brush and want to trt natural hair ones. Again Diana hit my needs.

Followed are some lovely little tools, which were also on my wish list. Everything is so useful!   I noticed that the swabs are not usual ones, but with makeup remover. Interesting! The eyebrow razor is much smaller than my current one, it must be easier to use. The nivea cream brings some memory to me- I have one limited edition tin but can no longer find it. And the last one- beauty blender! So lucky I didn’t buy it last time. Can’t wait to try!

This guy surprised me even more! Lip scrub! I never told anyone that I have extreme dry lips. That’s really a problem but I never took care of them... I Tried the scrub immediately. It’s so sweet that I couldn’t help eating it. Since it’s made of sugar, oil and natural emulsifier, it’s safe for eating :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Below are before and after pictures (the before one is definitely not the worst case though)

Anything left? Yes! There are still other little stuffs. As I wished, travel size products! How cute they are! I’m a natural product fan,  these two brands are familiar to me but I never had chance to try.

Great job Diana! Your selections are all hits, no miss!

Finally the overview picture.

Thank you so much Diana and merry Christmas to Everyone!

Yay! Glad you like them, I know you were probably wondering when youd get your gift but I always kept seeing more things to add
smile.gif

Secret Santa was really fun I loved shopping for someone else
santa.gif

Back