Spring 2016 Box of Style Zoe Report: Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my gift card in today's mail (East Coast).  The envelope is a black cellophane-type wrapper and it's the size of an invitation.... Frankly it looked like junk mail and I almost tossed it.

I received mine today!  Overall, the bag is really nice.  It appears very well made and I love that it's made in the USA.  Even though the bag itself doesn't have finished edges the strap does which is crucial for me...I hate it when unfinished straps shed leather bits all over.  The one small gripe is that it's definitely a different color IRL than in the photos...more brown than saddle if that makes any sense.  Oh, and I wish it came w/ a small dust bag.

Just received my gift card in today's mail (East Coast).  The envelope is a black cellophane-type wrapper and it's the size of an invitation.... Frankly it looked like junk mail and I almost tossed it.
I thought the same thing.  If I didn't know to look for it it would have probably ended up in the trash.

Mine was in silver too. Wasn't sure at first what it was but after looking at the address I realized it was the GC and got all excited.

This box is a total win for me. RZ is great at picking things of excellent quality and value. I love every single thing in this box. Lovely bag with very nice leather and the bracelet is delicate and beautiful. I love Klorane and am very happy with this box!

So I finally rec'd my box today.  

I really wanted to like the purse and I DO, but I think it's too juvenile for me.  I mean by that I am just not the target market for the "festival" look.  It's on ebay as we speak.

I got the silver bracelet and I do think it's much prettier in person but again, not my style.  It's keeping the bag company on ebay.

I received the Jouer Eyeshadow in marble which is a pretty gray.  Unfortunately, I have really deep set eyes so I cannot pull off darker shadows.  It's now an ebay trifecta.

I will totally hang on to and use the earbuds.  They are nice quality and I love that they're bamboo.

I have oddly become a fan of dry shampoo especially when it's a lazy Sunday and I can't be bothered to shower.  Happy to have another can (I think I have about 9 now *LOL*).

The blotting papers will be perfect for vacation this summer and I will put aside the La Mer for when my current serum runs out.  Looking forward to trying it, and like I said before, hoping to hate it because of the price tag.

I am still not disappointed even though I am selling the top 2 items. I feel this box has a better perceived value than winter, but for me Fall was the winner so far.

Ok So my gift card showed up today, lucky that no one threw it in the trash. I have already redeemed it like a hole burning in my pocket. My box is somewhere in GA so hopefully it will be here soon. But it gets better I forgot to cancel my quarterly after I purchased a yearly so I have another box coming. Just sent them an email to cancel that one for next time. The purse and ear buds will be put on ebay for sure but depending on the braceletbcolors I will either keep both or sell one same with the eyestick and I Wil be greedy with the LeMer.

Received my gift card, but no shipping notice yet, same for my sister and we are both in SoCal.

I actually upgraded to an annual sub and am a little disappointed I haven't received a shipping notice (and nothing in Fedex) and also live in SoCal...

Got the box today.

1. I was pleasantly surprised by the bag - the leather is soft and nice, the bag seems high quality and it's super cute. Small. But cute. I'll definitely use it.

2. I am actually most excited about the earbuds - yes, I have a few but they are lower end and my son keeps "stealing" them. So now I have one of my own ;-) they seem super stylish and nice.

3. Got the black eye shadow which I never wear - can't see how I can pull it off since I have a light skin and green eyes. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

4. Got the silver bracelet - I never wear silver - but maybe I can switch it up? or gift it. It's nice though.

5. This is my favorite dry shampoo - score.

6. Blotting tissue - will probably never get used.

7. La Mer - so tiny! Happy to try it though.

Overall I think this is a great box - I wish I got different variations but it is still better than the winter box IMO (except for the ring. Loved the ring).

Got my box this morning and I really like it!

The purse is great for me as yes, I go to festivals and outside events often. I normally carry a massive bag but this will be nice for such occasions. It feels well made and it closes tightly when the drawstring is synched. 

I'm gifting the bracelet to a soon to be 15 year old as I think she will appreciate it more than me. I've been wondering what to give her and was thinking the purse would be nice but this actually perfect instead!

Ear buds are cute! I have nice bose ones but these will be my back ups. 

I tried out the shadow stick today and love it! I got marble (charcoal) and it went on super smoothly. I have use tarte shoulder eyes shadow sticks every day and this feels similar if not more silky.

I'll happily try out all the rest of the items and am actually out of dry shampoo so that works out!

Fun box and useful box! Now I'll be waiting for the pop sugar box resort box!

I have not received the $50 coupon nor a shipping notice and live in MN.  So I was feeling a little put out.  But today I got a notice acknowledging the late notice and saying that my box was being expedited at no cost.  I still don't know when it arrives but nice to have them tell me instead of me asking them.

That is also my favorite dry shampoo.  So score on at least one item before I even get the box.

My tracking info finally showed up last night. My sister got that delay email too and her box is coming to the same city in SoCal as mine. Too bad they didn't add on a bonus item like they did last summer when some boxes were delayed.

My box came today and while its full of fun and lovely items its not favorite box. 

The bag is beautiful but its super tiny- I would have loved a little brown leather back pack instead but it is lovely just not sure how useful it will be its a tiny size and the strap seems a bit long for me 

The eyeshadow stick- is creamy and slides on nicely however I got a little blueish gray color that just isn't wearable for me it also is rather sparkly which i wasn't expecting.  Wish I got another  color--- if I ever get invited to an 80's party though I ll be all set ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Bracelet- I got the silver and turquoise one- this is beautiful but it seems small (I have tiny wrists and it fits better than most bracelets still a little big) hope this one fits everyone.  Glad this was in the box and super happy with the silver one. 

Earbuds- the earbuds looks lovely have not actually used them yet hope the quality is great.  Not sure what makes them worth $100 though definitely would not spend that kind of money on earbuds. Fun to have something I d never buy myself 

Dry shampoo- needed some new dry shampoo so excited to try this brand 

Blotting papers- I was just about to get some from sephora great to keep in my purse or car during the warmer months

The LAMER sample- love the little pouch this was packed in.  Excited to try it but hope I hate it way to pricey!  I laughed when I saw the little applicate though it reminded me of a little bubble wand lol 

A lovely spring box (loved the little hello sunshine sticker) and had so much fun unwrapping each item.  Not everything was my taste but will make lovely gifts overall a fun box.  Hope everyone enjoys their goodies!  

Teach22, on 05 Mar 2016 - 3:04 PM, said:
The eyeshadow stick- is creamy and slides on nicely however I got a little blueish gray color that just isn't wearable for me it also is rather sparkly which i wasn't expecting.  Wish I got another  color--- if I ever get invited to an 80's party though I ll be all set ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bracelet- I got the silver and turquoise one- this is beautiful but it seems small (I have tiny wrists and it fits better than most bracelets still a little big) hope this one fits everyone.  Glad this was in the box and super happy with the silver one. 
My box also arrived early and it sounds like we received the same color stick and bracelet (although I've not seen anyone post that they received the gold version).  Both of these I will be giving to my nieces since they are not my style.

The handbag is very small but I think that it will look cute with jeans.  Not very functional for me since I tend to lean towards "suitcases" but it's cute enough that I will give it a try.  I would have preferred the shade in the picture which is slightly lighter.

Latest posts

Back